Welcome to My Chlollie World...

Welcome to my blog. I've created it mainly as a place to archive my writings. Currently, my focus is on the pairing of Chloe Sullivan/Oliver Queen of Smallville, also affectionately known in fandom, as Chlollie. I began writing for this couple as Smallville entered it's seventh season, not ever really expecting them to become Smallville canon. So imagine my pleasant surprise (okay, I squealed like a fangirl in the throes of a fangasm) when the showrunners decided to put them together. I don't know what the show will do with them, but I don't care. I'll always adore them, and Chlollie will ALWAYS be my One True Pairing. I write about them for fun, as creative outlet, and because I think they're perfect together, and have the potential to be a supercouple, comic-book "mythos" be damned. The Green Arrow of Smallville belongs with his Watchtower. Most of my stories contain adult content, so please don't read if you are under the age of 18. All story graphic arts and manips are created by me unless otherwise stated. Feedback is always welcome. Thank you for reading!

And now for the boring stuff so no one sues me. Feel free to read it in that fast talking lawyer kind of voice, like at the end of a radio commercial.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Final note: I never believed in the years that I've loved this couple, that the show would do the right thing by them. But as a fangirl I just have to say, OMGOMGOMG! THEY ARE MARRIED!!! Thank you, Smallville for giving my couple the happy ending they deserve!








Saturday, December 6, 2008

Someone To Watch Over Me Chapter 12

Someone To Watch Over Me
Chapter 12



“What’s going on?” Victor sat next to Bart who was flipping through channels, though not really focused on the big screen plasma TV, while they waited for other members of the team to arrive at the penthouse.

“I dunno, but watch them.” Bart indicated the two in question with a nod of his head. “I mean, last night Ollie just took her to his room, and pretty much stayed there the whole time.”

Victor followed Bart’s line of sight to where Chloe and Oliver stood in front of his desk talking quietly about something. “He was worried about her, that’s all. Wanted to be there when she woke up. She did save his life after all.”

“And, who was the one to wash her up, huh? He got to see and touch all the Chloeliciousness,” Bart turned dreamy-eyed for a moment. “Man, I’d have volunteered for that job.” He then motioned again. “Watch them, I’m telling you something’s been going on. Look, right now. But don’t make it obvious!”

They watched as Chloe rounded the desk toward the chair behind it, Oliver’s hand at the small of her back, following closely. She then sat down, and began typing something. Her eyes were on the screen, but Oliver’s eyes were clearly on her, obviously smitten, wearing a similar dreamy-eyed look that Bart had possessed. He then leaned down and spoke quietly in her ear. She glanced up at him, smiling at whatever it was he’d said before she turned her gaze back to the computer.

“I doubt Oliver would do anything to her while she was ‘dead’. And if there is something going on between them? So what. It’s their business, not ours. If they want us to know, they’ll tell us.”

“Hey, I think it’s kinda cool if they’re together even though I think I’m the better man.”

“I think the operative word there is ‘man’.”

Bart stuck out his tongue. “Bite me.”

“Thank you, you’ve just proved my point.”

Bart grew quiet watching them, contemplating the situation. He watched as Oliver’s hand covered her shoulder, giving her a light squeeze before he stepped away from her. “I think she’s good for him, now that I think about it.”

Victor chuckled. “I’m sure Oliver will be pleased to hear that you approve.”

“I wonder if I can still convince her that I’m the better man though.”

Oliver approached them wearing a huge grin. “Better man for what, short stuff?”

“Better man for kicking your ass at Guitar Hero. Wanna play?”

“Maybe later, we need to get everyone together. Important stuff to talk about first.”

Just then the elevator rumbled, and the door slid open revealing A.C. and Clark.

Chloe stood up from behind the desk addressing the group. “Great. Everyone’s here. Please have a seat, gentlemen.”

“We’re in for it now,” Bart whispered.

They were all seated in front of her, with the exception of Oliver who stood behind her, his arms folded across his chest. “I’m mad at all of you,” she began. “I know I left without telling any of you where I was going, but Oliver’s life was at stake. If Garrett even suspected that I had told any of you, he would have killed Oliver, and I would not have been there in time to help. If you had waited for my email, at least two of you would have been there nearly one minute after I’d arrived at the Ridge Facility. You need to trust me, and you didn’t.”

The room was filled with deep murmured voices, all contrite.

“We’re sorry, Chlo.”

“Yeah, we’re really sorry, we didn’t know.”

Chloe felt like a mother who’d just lined up all of her boys for a good scolding, and nearly smiled at the hilarity of the thought. She turned to glance behind her at Oliver who simply nodded for her to continue. “If I’m going to be an official member of this team, then you need to treat me as such. Listen to your Watchtower.”

“Does that mean you’ll be working with us on regular basis?”

She smiled. “Yes, Bart.”

“Way cool!”

“Awesome!”

“Welcome to the team.”

“How’d you manage that one Ollie?”

“Chloe are you sure?”

“Yes, Clark. I’m sure. And thanks guys, but now we have another problem. Garrett is trying to blackmail Oliver.”

Oliver stepped up next to her. “He wants ten million dollars or he’ll reveal the identity of the Green Arrow to some interested party.”

“I think we all know who that interested party is.” A.C. spoke bitterly.

“Lex.” Bart chimed in.

“Exactly.”

“We can’t let that happen.” Chloe spoke, her determination evident.

“What’s the plan?” Clark asked.

“That’s why we’re here. I have one, but I don’t think any of you will like it.”

Oliver turned to her. “Let’s hear it.”

“Let me meet Garrett at the drop.” She saw his look, of protest. “Before you say no, let me explain. He’s not expecting me. He thinks I’m dead. He’s also certifiable. I’m betting I can throw him for a huge loop. You’ll all be there with me…”

Oliver shook his head. “Yes, and remember what happened the last time?”

“This is different. You’ll tell him that you’ll meet him, but that you refuse to go alone. Victor can accompany me posing as your body guard, since he can see Garrett if he tries to pull a disappearing act.”

Oliver bowed his head. “Chloe. No.”

“Do you really want to pay Garrett ten million? Knowing that in all probability he’s still going to reveal you to Lex anyway?” She glanced at each of them in turn. “Does anyone have any other ideas?”

They talked into the night. By the time they had formulated a plan, they’d gone through two pots of coffee, a twelve pack of cola and six extra large pizzas. Chloe was back at the computer, leaving the men to clean up.

Victor was crushing soft drink cans between his thumb and forefinger, then tossing them into the recycling bin. “I think you’ve finally met your match, Jolly Green.”

“Huh?” Oliver popped his head out from the refrigerator.

Victor smiled knowingly and indicated Chloe with a nod of his head. “She’s something, isn’t she.”

Oliver feigned ignorance. “Yes, she is. She’ll be a valuable asset to our team.”

“Right. Valuable asset.” Victor laughed and patted Oliver on the back before stepping away.

Bart then entered the kitchen. “Any pizza left?”

Oliver stared after Victor’s departing back, his brows furrowed. “Uh.. yeah, in the refrigerator,” he answered absently.

Bart reached in and grabbed a slice. “You know,” he gazed in Chloe’s direction, nudging Oliver with an elbow, “Chloelicious is quite available since she broke up with Jimmy. Think she’d go for me?”

“What?”

Bart pulled a chunk of still-gooey cheese from his pizza and popped it into his mouth. “I’m just sayin’ Chloe doesn’t have a boyfriend. Shame to let all that lusciousness be without a man, you know?”

“Bart…”

“You ever thought about it? Chloe, I mean.”

“Uh..”

Bart chuckled. “See ya later, boss. I’m out.”

Finally the team had gone. Oliver had to practically pry Chloe away from his computer. He grasped her hands, walking backward toward his room, pulling her along. “Get over here Lusciousness, I have some very important research that needs to be… researched.”

“You’ve been hanging around Bart too much,” her voice shook with laughter.

“You might be right,” he continued to grin as he felt the edge of the bed against his legs, and they fell upon it together.

“I’m usually right. Listen to your Watchtower.”

He kissed her smiling lips. And kissed her, and kissed her. Chloe didn’t care anymore. She didn’t care that these few days might be all she had with him. She was happy right now. Happier than she’d been in a long time. She thought she might love him, and that he might love her too. All the signs were there, but she didn’t want to fool herself, or talk herself into or out of something that wasn’t. She didn’t want to overanalyze things the way the she was often wont to do, over-thinking things, replaying them in her mind, only to come to wrong conclusions where matters of the heart were concerned. No. This time she would simply enjoy what he gave her. She’d ask no more of him.

Oliver knew the guys must have noticed something between himself and Chloe. But he wasn’t certain he should reveal anything to them. He knew without a doubt that every day he spent with her had him falling. He was falling in love with her in spite of himself. He thought she might love him too. All the signs were there, but he didn’t care anymore. He didn’t care if it all fell apart tomorrow. He was happy for the first time in a long time and he simply wanted to enjoy his time with her. And though he knew he didn’t want to be apart from her, he was grateful for what she gave him, and he’d ask no more of her.

* * * * *

Oliver awoke to the phone ringing. He glanced at the luminous red numbers of the clock at his bedside. 3:45 am. “Hello?” He looked over at Chloe warm and sleeping against him. He brushed the hair from her cheek as he listened, and ran his fingers through the golden strands. He told Garrett his conditions for meeting, then hung up the phone.

She blinked, rubbing her eyes, just awakening. “What did he say?” she murmured sleepily. She thought Oliver seemed pensive, not disturbed or angry.

“Exchange is at midnight. ISIS Foundation.”

End Chapter 12

Click Here For Chapter 13

No comments:

Post a Comment