Welcome to My Chlollie World...

Welcome to my blog. I've created it mainly as a place to archive my writings. Currently, my focus is on the pairing of Chloe Sullivan/Oliver Queen of Smallville, also affectionately known in fandom, as Chlollie. I began writing for this couple as Smallville entered it's seventh season, not ever really expecting them to become Smallville canon. So imagine my pleasant surprise (okay, I squealed like a fangirl in the throes of a fangasm) when the showrunners decided to put them together. I don't know what the show will do with them, but I don't care. I'll always adore them, and Chlollie will ALWAYS be my One True Pairing. I write about them for fun, as creative outlet, and because I think they're perfect together, and have the potential to be a supercouple, comic-book "mythos" be damned. The Green Arrow of Smallville belongs with his Watchtower. Most of my stories contain adult content, so please don't read if you are under the age of 18. All story graphic arts and manips are created by me unless otherwise stated. Feedback is always welcome. Thank you for reading!

And now for the boring stuff so no one sues me. Feel free to read it in that fast talking lawyer kind of voice, like at the end of a radio commercial.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Final note: I never believed in the years that I've loved this couple, that the show would do the right thing by them. But as a fangirl I just have to say, OMGOMGOMG! THEY ARE MARRIED!!! Thank you, Smallville for giving my couple the happy ending they deserve!








Sunday, December 7, 2008

Anything But Ordinary Chapter 9


Anything But Ordinary
Chapter 9


“These are my terms.” It was Chloe’s turn to stroll around someone else’s office as if she’d owned it. She’d made Tess wait an entire week before coming to visit her at the Daily Planet office. “I do what I can to help you find Lex Luthor, and you give me any information you have on the murderous Metropolis monster, whatever object you possess that belongs to the Traveler,” Chloe stopped her movement, pinning Tess with a penetrating look. “And the Green Arrow is a no fly zone.”

“Do I detect some possessiveness?”

“I know of your pathetic attempt on his life. Stay away from him,” she warned, the finality and menace in her voice permitting no argument.

Tess shook her head in mock sympathy. “Ah, Ms. Sullivan. A little feminine advice? Don’t get too attached to your Emerald Archer friend. Goodness knows he’s not the reciprocating kind. I know him.”

“Are you the same woman you were years ago? The man you knew then doesn’t exist. I know the man he is now.” At Tess’s raised eyebrow, Chloe continued. “That’s right, I know all about your time on the island, and whatever past you may have had with him, is just that. Past. Besides, the woman-scorned act doesn’t suit you.”

Tess couldn’t help but ponder over what possible relationship Chloe had with Oliver Queen, nor could she help the vague sense of jealousy that seemed to settle in her chest. “You seem overly confident in him. He could prove to be your weakness.”

“The way that Lex is yours?” Chloe countered icily.

There was a long, brittle silence. Tess pursed her lips, her eyes thinning momentarily. “And if I don’t agree to your terms?”

“No deal. Find Lex on your own.” Chloe strode toward the desk, gazing down at Tess confidently. “But right now, I’m the best chance you’ve got of finding him, aren’t I?”

Tess seemed to weigh her options before speaking. “Keep the Green Arrow out of Luthorcorp business, and you’ve got yourself a deal.”

“Keep his identity a secret, and I’ll see what I can do. I won’t make promises for him.”

“Don’t cross me, Ms. Sullivan, or all bets are off.”

“I have very powerful friends Ms. Mercer, not to mention that I could easily sabotage all Luthorcorp data systems, and have the company and all of it’s subsidiaries on it’s knees in minutes. Don’t cross me.”

The two women stared at one another. Lex had told her about Chloe. He’d been right. She certainly was a worthy opponent. Tess momentarily wondered if there were any chance that Chloe might be persuaded to join her team, then quickly disregarded the idea. There’d be no way she would betray the Green Arrow or any of her other friends. “I’ll have the information you require sent over later today, as well as recent leads on Mr. Luthor’s whereabouts.” Tess said, rising from her seat. “But the item I have belonging to the Traveler stays in my possession until Lex is found.”

“Fine,” Chloe responded coolly, then turned to leave Tess’s office. “I’ll get started on our little game of where in the world is Lex Luthor.”

* * * * *

“Lois, are you cooking? Something smells good. What’s for dinner?” Chloe hung her jacket on the coat rack then set her purse on the chair.

“I’m trying out a pot roast. What? I can cook. Kind of.”

Chloe smiled. “I’m sure it’ll be great.”

“Okay. Spill it.”

“What do you mean?”

“You have to tell me what you said to her yesterday, I’ve never seen Tess look so unraveled. It was great!”

Chloe laughed it off moving toward the cabinet, reaching up to retrieve a mug. “Nothing really. She asked me for help researching something and I just gave her my conditions.”

“Hmm. Does this have anything to do with what you’re working on with Ollie?”

“Uh… kind of, I suppose. I mean, we’re really trying to just crack this whole serial killer thing, you know?” She reached for the coffee pot, and poured the dark, steaming brew into the mug.

“Yeah. And Olsen hasn’t gotten any really good photographs…. Uh… Sorry.”

“It’s okay, Lois. You don’t have to not mention him around me.”

“About that…” Lois hesitated, not certain how to broach the subject. “How do you feel about dating again?” She said, taking a seat at the table, and motioning for Chloe to do the same.

Chloe groaned, dropping into the chair opposite. “You’re not thinking of setting me up with someone are you?”

“Well, no. Not exactly.”

“Good.”

“Because, you know… you’ve been spending a lot of time with Oliver and…. What?” Lois exclaimed innocently at Chloe’s wide-eyed incredulous look.

“Lois, he’s your Ex!”

“So.”

“He’s also a bit of a player, in case you haven’t noticed, and just… out of my league.”

“He was never a player when we were together. Ollie just needs someone… someone he cares for, someone worth committing himself to, someone who grounds him, challenges him, like you, and you are not out of his league.”

“I can’t believe you’re pawning me off on your ex-boyfriend.”

“You have to admit he’s gorgeous, and you’re good friends, and he trusts you implicitly.”

“Shelby fits that description, should I date him too?” Chloe smirked, taking a sip from the mug.

“Stick with your own species, Chloe. Just listen… You already have the perfect foundation for a romantic relationship, and Oliver won’t shed, leaving dog hair all over your favorite sweater.”

“Clark told you about what he saw last week, didn’t he?”

“Maybe.”

“Okay, I’ll admit, Oliver is…”

“Sexy as hell? Don’t tell Clark I said that.”

“He is very appealing, and… okay maybe I’m drawn to him. But it just wouldn’t work, Lois.”

“Why not?”

“Because, I don’t think I’m his type, I doubt he’d really be interested.”

“What if he already is interested?”

“He’s not.”

“He is. You haven’t noticed, that since you two have been hanging around each other, Oliver’s not been seen with the usual bimbo arm candy? He’s not been playing the partying playboy billionaire?”

“I don’t think… he’s not…”

“He is, Chloe.”

“How do you know?”

“A good reporter never reveals her sources. Just trust me, I know.”

“And you’re totally okay with this?”

“At first, no. I wasn’t. I admit the whole thing is pretty weird. But I’ve thought about it a lot. And I just think you’re better suited to him than Jimmy. Oliver and I have made our peace with things, and yeah, I’m okay with it. Besides, he knows what I’ll do to him if he hurts my cousin.”

“You’ve talked to him?”

“Maybe.”

“Lois!”

Suddenly the scent of something acrid reached their nostrils. “Oh shit.” Lois put on the oven mitts, and opened the oven door that immediately belched out a wave of smoke. “I think I’ve burned dinner again.” Removing the pan, both women stared at what once had been a piece of meat that now resembled a smoky pile of shoe leather.

Chloe ran though the apartment opening windows, before the smoke alarm went off again.

Lois reached for the phone, turning her head to call after Chloe. “The usual on your pizza?”

* * * * *

He was waiting for her on the balcony. The nights were cooler now, much cooler than he was used to in Star City. He’d spoken to Lois days ago. He felt foolish doing it, but Clark was right, it was the best thing to do under the circumstances. It probably helped that Clark had paved the way by speaking to Lois before he’d gone to make his case. He wanted get this right, he’d messed up enough where any semblance of a meaningful relationship with a woman was concerned. Casual he could do. But Chloe would never be anything casual, and after he’d satisfied Lois of his intentions toward her cousin, she seemed willing enough to grant her blessing. Lois had called him an hour ago, saying Chloe was on her way here. She’d done her part was all she’d say, giving no clue as to Chloe’s reaction.

Not knowing what else to do, he stood gazing out over the Metropolis skyline. The night was clear enough that even a few stars were visible, winking out against the darkened sky, and he tried to find as many sections of the various constellations as he could while he waited.

“It won’t work.” She seemed out of breath, as though she’d run up to the penthouse instead of taking the elevator. She was nervous.

Oliver turned around at the sound of her voice, trying to hide his disappointment.

She took a few steps closer. “Because… it just… we’re just…we’re friends,” she said. She tried to keep her focus on his handsome face, but her eyes unwittingly drifted over his open white shirt, revealing a bare chest and torso, her gaze traveling down to his shoeless feet, before she lifted her eyes quickly.

Oliver remained stoically quiet. He wasn’t certain what to expect after he’d talked to Lois. But when Chloe stepped closer, so close he could touch her, and gaze down into green eyes that betrayed her every emotion, he knew his answer.

“And… and I don’t want to ruin a friendship, a working relationship. Believe me, I’ve been through it. Besides, I mean, too much baggage, too many obstacles…hurts…the past…”

Oliver brushed errant wind-tossed strands of golden hair from her cheek as she spoke, simply and calmly studying her, aware of her in every pore of his body – her nearness, the scent of her, the heat of her skin.

“And, we’re too different… You’re arrogant and cocky, and… and a walking hormone… and… ” Chloe paused to tame her rapid breathing and heartbeat as his fingers brushed the hair back from her face, threading into the softness of her hair behind her ear. He cupped her cheek in his palm, watching her swallow harshly as his hand touched her skin. A thumb stroked her cheekbone.

A hot blush crept over her entire body at the sudden caress of his other hand slipping to her waist. His fingers then slid down the curve of her spine, settling at the small of her back, pulling her effortlessly against his length, holding her there.

“Stubborn, and…” Chloe continued to meet his eyes, the burn of heat in their shadowy depths causing her heart to turn over fluttering wildly in her breast. “You’re not… even…and… I’m too different… I’m not like the others…. you can’t just… think you can do that…” The restless desire in his eyes had her blood racing. Chloe could barely breathe or think a coherent thought. The hand that cupped her cheek, tipped her face up closer to his. Slowly, lazily, never breaking eye contact, he lowered his mouth, his lips slanting, hovering a scant inch above hers. A low moan slipped past her lips, a husky helpless sound of want. “Oh God,” she whispered. Her fingers plunged into his hair, pulling his head closer. “Oliver,” she breathed.

His parted lips brushed against hers, barely touching them, softness and heat and unspoken promises, feather-touching her with tantalizing persuasion. He took her top lip into his mouth, then her bottom lip, sucking gently, nipping it playfully, then taking her mouth completely, hungrily, crushing his lips hard over hers. Starving, he dived deeper into her mouth, pouring everything he was into the kiss. It was the kiss of a man who knew exactly what he wanted, and he wanted Chloe. The moment Oliver’s mouth took hers, he felt the invisible threads already binding them, tighten. Kissing her was a hundred times better than he’d ever imagined.

Nothing could have prepared her for the mind-blowing intensity of his kiss. She was lost the second his lips touched hers, drowning in man, in the taste and scent and feel of him. She drank him in, all of him, arching against him, offering herself up to the delicious pressure of his hard, lean body, the action sending a pulsing wave of desire sluicing to her feminine core, her womb contracting with need.

A groan, deep in his throat escaped him, as he dragged his mouth away slightly. They were both breathing heavily, sharing each other’s breath. Oliver brushed his nose against hers, pulling her tighter, closer, nearly lifting her off her feet. “You were saying?” he panted.

“We’ll talk about it later,” she breathed, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Kiss me again, Ollie.”

“Yes, Mistress Watchtower,” he grinned, and then smothered the smile on her lips with a searing kiss, full of passion and promises of things yet to come.

End Chapter 9

No comments:

Post a Comment