Welcome to My Chlollie World...

Welcome to my blog. I've created it mainly as a place to archive my writings. Currently, my focus is on the pairing of Chloe Sullivan/Oliver Queen of Smallville, also affectionately known in fandom, as Chlollie. I began writing for this couple as Smallville entered it's seventh season, not ever really expecting them to become Smallville canon. So imagine my pleasant surprise (okay, I squealed like a fangirl in the throes of a fangasm) when the showrunners decided to put them together. I don't know what the show will do with them, but I don't care. I'll always adore them, and Chlollie will ALWAYS be my One True Pairing. I write about them for fun, as creative outlet, and because I think they're perfect together, and have the potential to be a supercouple, comic-book "mythos" be damned. The Green Arrow of Smallville belongs with his Watchtower. Most of my stories contain adult content, so please don't read if you are under the age of 18. All story graphic arts and manips are created by me unless otherwise stated. Feedback is always welcome. Thank you for reading!

And now for the boring stuff so no one sues me. Feel free to read it in that fast talking lawyer kind of voice, like at the end of a radio commercial.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Final note: I never believed in the years that I've loved this couple, that the show would do the right thing by them. But as a fangirl I just have to say, OMGOMGOMG! THEY ARE MARRIED!!! Thank you, Smallville for giving my couple the happy ending they deserve!








Saturday, December 6, 2008

Secret Identities Chapter 6

Secret Identities
Chapter 6


They were both silent for a long time. Clark didn’t know what to say, and Oliver thought he had said too much. Finally Clark broke the silence. “If you were investigating Dr. Reynolds for being involved with Lex, how is it that he owes you?” Clark asked, confused.
“Dr. Reynolds was apparently being used as a pawn by Lex in his never ending game of chess with Lionel. Let’s just say, I offered to take care of any of Dr. Reynolds’ entanglements with Lex.”

* * * * *

Dr. Reynolds was a middle-aged African American man with a kindly face and calm manner. Chloe wondered how such a seemingly gentile man would be performing heinous experiments on the meteor infected.

“You’ll excuse me if I’m a bit surprised, Mr. Queen,” Dr. Reynolds said as he ushered Oliver and Chloe into his study. He gestured to them with a hand. “Please, have a seat.”

Chloe and Oliver took seats opposite the doctor’s desk. As they were settling in, Chloe took the opportunity to survey the room. It seemed to her, a typical study, done in dark woods, with overstuffed dark leather furniture. One wall was lined entirely with medical volumes and journals. On the opposite wall were several framed certificates, diplomas and awards. He was a Harvard graduate.

“Dr. Reynolds, I’ll get right to the point,” Oliver began. "My associate Ms. Sullivan and I have reason to believe you are in possession of a large quantity of meteor rock shipped from Kansas, and that you’ve been treating three patients from Belle Reve Mental Hospital.”

Chloe stood briefly, and placed the files on the doctor’s desk. “William Johnson, Jessica Evers, and Phillip Worcester.”

“Where did you get these?” the doctor asked as he skimmed through them. “These are confidential patient files.”

“That’s not important,” Oliver answered. “What we’re here for is to find out what all of the above have to do with Lex Luthor.”

The doctor’s eyes widened almost imperceptibly. “I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Doctor Reynolds,” Chloe addressed him that way she had about her that was both caring yet firm. “Lex Luthor is a dangerous man, we know he’s been involved in unethical human experimentation. Which, if I’m not mistaken is not part of the Hippocratic oath you’ve taken as a physician.”

The doctor sighed heavily, removed his eyeglasses and rose from his seat. He stepped around the desk to stand in front of his many framed awards and certificates. He began to speak, his back to them. “Lex Luthor came to me about five months ago.” He turned to them. “He said he had reliable information regarding the death of my brother, Terry. Told me my brother had been murdered. Now, I believed this, because I knew my brother very well, we were very close, and I know he’d never commit suicide.” Dr. Reynolds paused, and pressed thumb and forefinger to his eyes, before replacing his glasses. “He told me that he had evidence that his father Lionel was behind the murder and that if I’d help him with a few patients, he’d disclose all the information to me.”

“But why would Lionel want Principal Reynolds murdered?” Chloe wondered aloud.

“That’s a good question. As I've also had questions when discovered that Lionel was responsible for my brother’s dismissal at Excelsior.”

“It was Lionel? You knew about that?” Oliver queried. "We thought it was merely a rumor."

“It was Lionel, but for what reason, I don’t know.”

“What about the patients Lex asked you to treat?” Chloe interjected.

“They’re back in Belle Reve as far as I know. Lex wanted me to monitor them while they took an experimental drug, called simply KR9, so that’s what I did, but he has yet to fulfill his side of the bargain and provide me with information about my brother’s death.” He turned to look Chloe in the eye. “But I guarantee you, Ms. Sullivan there were never any unethical experiments. I take my Hippocratic oath seriously, and that kind of thing just doesn’t happen on my watch.”

“Doctor, where is the meteor rock?” Oliver asked. “It’s a potentially hazardous material, and we need to dispose of it.”

“The last I heard, it was being held in a lab facility, whether or not it’s still there, I’ve no idea. If I did tell you, Lex Luthor wouldn’t be a happy man. Oh I know who I’m dealing with. I’m afraid I’ve somehow gotten myself into a deal with the Devil himself.”

Oliver pressed further. “What if I could guarantee that your deal with Lex could be broken, with no ill-effects, and that he’d never know it was you who divulged the location of the meteor rock?”
Dr. Reynolds gave a brief laugh of disbelief. “If you could do that Mr. Queen, I’d owe you one.”


Chloe and Oliver thanked Dr. Reynold's, told them they'd keep in touch, and left the doctor's home, stepping toward the limo that would take them back to Star City. “Damn, you’re good,” he said taking her hand in his.

She looked up at him as they walked. “What do you mean?”

“The way you got him to talk like that!”

“Sometimes it just takes a reporter’s touch,” she grinned up at him, and Oliver thought for the hundredth time that she had the most beautiful smile he’d ever seen.

As they reached the limo he grasped her other hand, turning her to face him. “Oh yeah? Maybe it takes a woman’s touch,” he said, as he drew her closer, placing her small hands on his chest, the desire in his eyes evident.

“Hmm. Maybe,” she said with a saucy grin, as her hands rose slowly, and his hands lowered around the small of her back, fitting her against him. Chloe felt the hard muscles of his chest through his dress shirt, and slid her hands up further to stroke his neck and then to thread her fingers in his hair and pull his head down toward her.

Lips and tongues met in a heated kiss, lingering until they were both breathless. Oliver could feel her tremble and sway in his arms, and he steadied her.

“Oh my God,” was all Chloe could manage in a husky whisper, as the kissing ended.

Oliver rested his forehead against hers. “I agree,” he breathed.

* * * * *

The Green Arrow landed silently in the lab corridor having jumped from an opening in the ceiling. “Green Arrow to Watchtower. I’m in.”

“There are three heat signatures up ahead in the northeast corridor. Probably guards. Please be careful.”

He grinned in spite of himself, because she had never added that last part before. “I’m always careful, Tower,” He then hailed Bart. “Impulse, what’s your status?”

“Setting charges on the southwest corner, annnnd.. charges set.”

“Cyborg?”

“On location, and accessing data. I’m not finding any meteor rock containment rooms here, but this is definitely a 33.1 facility.”

“Lex must not have trusted Doc and had it moved. Let’s blow the place anyway, keep setting those charges, Impulse. Aquaman, remain on standby.”

“Got it.”

Chloe suddenly winced as strange noises in her earpiece came from Oliver’s channel and she realized they were the muffled noises of an altercation. He must have met up with the three guards. Chloe checked her screens, then noticed two more heat signatures headed toward him. “Archer, two heat signatures approaching from the south.” But soon, five dots moved away, and only one remained. Chloe panicked. “Watchtower to Arrow, what’s your status?” She waited. No response, but his comlink was fine. “Archer, come in.” She switched channels, “Aquaman, I think Archer’s down, he’s in the northeast corridor, get him back to base. Now!”

AC’s voice sounded in her earpiece. “I’m on it.”

“Impulse, Cyborg let’s get out of there and blow this place.” Chloe ordered. "Heat signatures coming in, they're bringing reinforcements."

“Five minutes, Tower.”

“We might not have five minutes if they’re bringing friends!” Where the hell was AC with Oliver? Chloe stopped and breathed deeply to get herself under control. The rear van doors opened and AC was there, with her Green Arrow in tow. “Bring him here!” She called as she slid into the long bench seat. “What happened?”

“Knocked out,” AC replied. “Looks like he was hit in the side of the head with some blunt object. Where do you want him?”

“Here, yes, that’s it, let’s get his head on my lap so I can look at the injury. Then go and get the others out of there, we need to go now!”

AC had taken down Oliver’s hood, and Chloe could see that a knot had already formed. She didn’t think twice. As soon as AC ran off, Chloe placed her hands gently on either side of Oliver’s head. Bright colorful light illuminated the interior of the van. Excruciating pain filled Chloe’s head. She became dizzy and thought she’d lose consciousness, but she held on. The light faded, and Chloe slumped slightly, weakened, but aware. She looked down at Oliver, her vision hazy. His eyes were still closed. She lifted his head slightly, and explored the side of his head with her fingers. No wound was there. “Ollie?”

Just then Victor and Bart jumped into the van while AC took the wheel. “Let’s go, go, go!” Bart yelled to AC, and the large van spun out, bounding down the darkened street at breakneck speed. Behind them the lab that Doctor Reynolds had given as the location exploded in thunderous flashes of light and flame.

Chloe stroked Oliver’s hair. “Ollie?”

He blinked rapidly, and his eyes came into focus, looking up at her. “What happened?” he asked, and reached up to touch her cheek. “Chloe, are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” she smiled tiredly. “Just have a… a headache.”

* * * * *

Clark got up from his seat and glanced over at Oliver who had fallen asleep in his chair, yet still clutching Chloe’s hand. He tried to imagine them together, how they might have acted with each other, what they’d done together. He didn’t understand himself sometimes. He had Lana at home, she was everything he’d ever wanted for years, and yet the thought of losing Chloe hurt him deeply. It was selfish and stupid, he knew. Wasn’t she allowed to find love and happiness too? Why couldn’t he let her go? She had been there for him, helped him, encouraged him. She was his sidekick for so many years, and now someone else had taken her. She would be all those things and more for someone else. He’d had his chances, and he’d thought about making their friendship something more… but things were different now for both of them, and if he were a true friend he should want her happiness, shouldn't he? Clark sat back down and listened once again for her heartbeat. Nothing. “Come on, Chloe. Please wake up.”

End Chapter 6

Click here for Chapter 7

No comments:

Post a Comment